It’s sunny with a chance of sprinkles! But these are the yummy kind of sprinkles. “Weather” you’re looking to decorate a one-year-old’s birthday party, planning a baby shower or just looking for some sweet and salty treats, Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods,Pink Pineapple Punch and Birthday Cake Popcorn are easy-to-make treats!
Here are a few fun recipes for the perfect sunshine birthday party:
Chocolate Dipped Pretzels with Sprinkles
Ingredients: 1 12-ounce package milk chocolate chips 1 12-ounce package white chocolate chips 24 large pretzel rods Pink sprinkles
1) Place the milk chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and the white chocolate chips in another (if you are making both kinds of chocolate). Microwave one bowl on 50% for 1 minute. Remove and stir with a rubber spatula (the chips should melt while you are stirring, but if they don’t, you can continue to microwave for 30 more seconds on high, then stir again.) Continue with 30 second intervals on high to get it to a nice smooth and melted consistency. Wash and dry the spatula. Do the same with the other bowl of chocolate.
2) Dip one pretzel rod into the milk chocolate; use a spoon or butter knife to spread the chocolate about halfway up the rod (we used a tall glass to dip the long pretzels). Twist the rod to let the excess chocolate drip off. Hold the rod over a piece of wax paper and shake sprinkles on all sides. Place the pretzel on another piece of wax paper to dry. Coat another pretzel with white chocolate and sprinkles. Repeat until you’ve coated all the pretzels, half with milk chocolate, half with white chocolate, and let dry completely, about 24 hours. Cover any remaining chocolate with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
3) Enjoy with some of our Pink Pineapple Punch. Read along for the recipe!
Pink Pineapple Punch
Ingredients: Your favorite Powdered Pink Lemonade 2 cups Pineapple Juice 2 cups Ginger Ale 1/4 cup grenadine (I used cherry juice) Ice
1) Fill a large pitcher with ice and pour in pineapple juice and grenadine. Fill the pink lemonade mix to the 1qt line (about 1/3 cup), add to the pineapple juice and stir until dissolved. Add the ginger ale and mix gently. Add water to fill up the large pitcher. Garnish the pitcher with sliced lemons, pineapples and/or cherries.
2) Serve with fun straws and sip on some sunshine!
Birthday Cake Popcorn
Ingredients: 5 cups popped corn 1 (1 1/2 ounce) white chocolate candy melts 1 tablespoon butter, melted Salt, to taste 1/4 cup rainbow-colored coarse sparkling sugar 2 tablespoons pearl decoratifs
1) Place popcorn on two large cookie sheets lined with parchment or a baking mat. Gently heat the white chocolate in the microwave for one minute or until melted, stirring halfway though. Stir in the melted butter. Drizzle over the popcorn and mix with a spatula to coat; be careful, it will be very hot. Toss in the salt and sprinkles. Let cool completely, then break apart any large pieces that are stuck together.
Enjoy these party-planning recipes. Always remember to spread the sunshine wherever you go Thanks for the yummy recipes and photos Cara (@carakuulei)! Birthday party decor by Michelle Vallembois.